Niddrie Medical Practice is committed to providing a safe environment to both patients and staff. The practice will not tolerate violent or abusive behaviour.
Anyone verbally abusing either a member of staff or the public, or using inappropriate language, will be asked to leave the premises and requested to find another GP.
Anyone who is violent or causes damage will be removed from the list immediately.
Niddrie Medical Practice OBJECTS to any recordings either by the patient or someone on behalf of the patient, face to face or over the phone without their knowledge. Making recordings without explicit consent is against our practice policy and anyone found to be doing this maybe removed from the practice register. If you would like to record your consultation or any discussions with staff at Niddrie Medical Practice, please first inform them that you are doing this and they MUST agree.
It will also be viewed as a breach in our Zero Tolerance Policy and patients risk being removed from the list in the following circumstances:
- Violence and aggression towards staff or members of the public.
- Damage to practice property or equipment.
- Change of residence to outside of the practice area.
- Persistent misuse of the system.
- Patients who the doctors are unable to manage clinically e.g. breach of contract with doctor regarding use of prescribed medicine, break down in patient communication.
- If you or someone with you records staff either face to face or over the phone.
- If you are found to be posting derogatory comments or complaints about the surgery on ANY social media site including facebook and twitter.
Depending on the severity of the incident patients may receive a warning letter regarding their behavior. If the behaviour continues patients risk being removed from the surgery list.
Patients who are disruptive and display aggressive and/or intimidating behavior and refuse to leave the premises, staff are instructed to dial 999 for Police assistance. Depending on the severity, charges may then be brought against these individuals.